Friday, January 5, 2007

Christmas Fun!

I figured that I would give an overview of our Christmas extravaganza! That way, I can procrastinate just a little longer on picking out a color to paint our kitchen. I have the hardest time picking paint colors! They never turn out like the swatch.

We celebrated Christmas a week early at our house! I had to shoot Santa an e-mail, and he didn't have any problems coming early since we would be in Dallas for Christmas!



We headed to Arlington the Friday before Christmas, and we spent the night with Gran and Granny for 2 days. Ashton baked cookies with Gran, decorated a gingerbread house, opened gifts & we all ate a lot of Gran and Granny's good food! Ashton also loves her new Barbie car and jewelry box! We had a lot of fun!













Next stop...Grammy and Papa's house! We had all of the family over for dinner on Christmas Eve! Ashton had a lot of fun with her cousins. We ate more good food and drank several glasses of Papa's excellent wine selections followed by our traditional glass of Bailey's on ice....Mmmmm! I love Bailey's!



























We woke up Christmas morning and had our traditional Eggs Benedict. SO good! Then, we all opened presents. I got the cousins matching "Chicks rule" t-shirts that I was so excited about! When my sister and I were little, all of the cousins got matching shirts with our names on the back. So, I thought it would be fun to do with our girls! They turned out very cute!












We went to GG & Poppy's house for Christmas that afternoon! We had our annual Tamales and Chili for dinner (which is always very good)! Hmmm....I wonder why I feel like I need to workout with all of this food that we had over the holidays. Then, we opened presents! Ashton was very excited about the cheerleading outfit and dvd that Aunt Jaclyn gave her!



We had one final Christmas at my cousins house! The kids had a lot of fun since there were 10 kids 6 and under. It was also very nice to see all of my Dad's family since we missed it last year!













Okay...I am tired from re-living our Christmas!! Off to bed!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay I have been thinking about it ever since you told me about those shirts, but seeing them on, I am definitely going to get some for my girls!!

Dawn said...

Those are cute shirts! Looks like you all had fun. Your dad seems so sweet the way he's holding Reese. Cute Christmas picture of the girls below. I love the matching clothes.