Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Super Mommy...

I am inspired after watching the Super Nanny last night! I have decided that I need to be a little tougher on Ashton when it comes to behavior. After all, the 4's have been a quite a challenge at our house!

I had the perfect opportunity to crack down today. We were at the mall with some friends, and Ashton kept running off! I warned her several times to stay with me, and she was still not listening. I finally said that we wouldn't go to the Sprinkler Day at Jack's house if she ran off from me again! Well, guess what happened? She didn't listen. So, I let her know that we would not be going to Jack's house! She screamed and cried through the mall and the entire way home saying "I WANT TO GO TO JACK'S HOUSE....PLEASE....JUST ONE MORE CHANCE, MOMMY!" Nope. So sorry...You have had plenty of warnings! We aren't going to Jack's house. We are going home and taking a nap! What she doesn't know is that it is just as much punishment for me as it is for her. I REALLY wanted to see MY friends too, but I am trying to get a point across here! We are sorry that we missed out on the fun!

Let's hope next time she remembers what happened when she didn't listen! If not, we will just have to go at it again! It has got to work eventually!

This is the result of a Marathon Meltdown at the mall...

Thank goodness, I was able to get some quiet time!! I NEED it after today!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you Sarah! It is so hard when you want to have time with your friends, I totally know the feeling. It sucks but if you don't do it, they'll never believe you. Hopefully she will catch on soon so you can play with your friends too!

Narci D said...

That is tough--that's a great solution! We missed you guys, but we'll try again soon!