Thursday, February 15, 2007

NO MORE NAPS...

Are you kidding me? I knew just how lucky I was that Ashton was still napping since she is almost 4! I really NEED and enjoy MY 1 1/2-2 hours a day when BOTH girls are taking a nap! I can check my e-mail, read a magazine, do laundry, unload the dishwasher, etc. I can do quite a few things without little distractions here and there. Ashton has taken 1 nap this week, and that was after asking if she could get up for over an hour. She FINALLY crashed out!

I just went into her room to see if she had gone to sleep, and this is what I found!

I asked her "Why aren't you sleeping, Ashton"? She said "because I am cleaning my room"!
Why can't you clean your room all the time...that's what I was thinking!

Anyways, I think that the day has come. I think we will now have quiet time, and I will just REALLY appreciate the days that she actually falls asleep. Ah man! My big girl is growing up!

Hmmmm....I am thinking an earlier bed time is in order then!!

6 comments:

Didi said...

Hi girl! How are you? Dawn got me to sign up with an account to keep everyone posted on the pregnancy and I was just taking a peek at some of the "Hot Moms'" accounts. Hope y'all are doing well! My site is: http://thetennysontwoandahalf.blogspot.com/

Didi said...

Didi is Dayna. :)

Unknown said...

I think that you will find that Ashton goes to sleep MUCH faster with no nap during the day! The girls look so cute!!! Can you believe Ashton will be FOUR so soon??? They were just babies when we met!!!

The Daily Stroll said...

So the nap thing doesn't last until they are 18?? Oh no!!! Oh wait, that's right, around 13 they just sleeping til noon! Whew!!I was getting kinda worried for a second! ;)

Narci D said...

Darn, I guess it couldn't last forever! Good luck with rest time!

Amy said...

Welcome to the no nap club, sucks huh? Of course Kathryn is already trying to give hers up and that is just not going to fly at Casa Parker.