Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My little love bugs...



My Valentine's Mistake...

Johnny always puts Ashton to bed, and it is a LONG drawn out process! First, she wants tickles, then a story, then more tickles, a plea for water, etc. I think Johnny secretly enjoys this one-on-one time with Ashton, and that is why he puts up with it! Anyways, he was falling asleep on the couch last night, and it was getting later and later! Finally, I offered to put her to bed! He said, "Thanks...It will be interesting to see if it is any quicker and easier for you!" So, I decided on a plan that I just knew would get her to sleep quickly! I really wanted to win this challenge. I had been planning for the last week that Ashton and I would surprise Johnny and make him dinner, but I didn't want to tell Ashton because she wouldn't be able to keep a secret. So, I decided to fill her in on the secret last night, and it backfired on me! She was so beyond excited! You could tell that the little wheels were turning as she thought of ideas! I asked her what she wanted to make for Daddy, and she said chicken, french fries and carrots! Okay...done! I can handle that. I thought that would be the end of it! NOT SO MUCH. I let her talk about more and more ideas that she had. Then, I kissed her and told her good night! Whew...I did it! UMMM...NOPE!! She must have come out of her room a hundred times! I think she finally fell asleep at 10:30! Then, she came in our room WIDE AWAKE at 2:30! She got in our bed, and she said "DADDY...We have a surprise for you, but I can't tell you what it is!" Oh my goodness....Go to sleep, Ashton!
**Anyways, sorry for the long story! I actually think it will be a Valentine's Day to remember! We went grocery shopping for chicken and french fries, and Ashton got a little cart to put her groceries in (SUCH A TREAT)! We are having chocolate fondue with strawberries, pretzels, marshmallows, angel food cake & bananas for dessert! MY pick!! Can't wait!!
I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: