Thursday, February 8, 2007

Mom's Night!

Ashton was very excited about Mom's Night at her school! It was even more special that Grammy is in town, and she got to go with us!!
When we got to school, I found the paper that Ashton had made for me. Mrs. Taylor asked her questions and she filled it out. Also, Ashton colored a picture of our family! Let me just say that I am cracking up about the comment about my eyes! Instead of saying what color they are...she said that they are kind of criss cross. How funny is that!

We all sat on the mat and waited for Mrs. Taylor to give us directions. Then, we all got to go to the centers. First, we went to have a snack (that's my girl!), and Ashton showed us how she washes her hands and then makes her own snack! She made us strawberry shortcake, and it was yummy!
After that, we did an art project, and I can't wait to frame it! We put my handprints to make a heart, and then Ashton put her hand print in the middle. I love it!
After centers, we went to music and sang some fun songs! Ashton really got into the silly songs and had a good time! We also went to enrichment and played a game and went through an obstacle course & sang some more songs in Chapel! Grammy and I had a good time with Ashton, and it is so nice to know what all she really does at school! I always ask her, "What did you do at school today...Did you have a good day?". The most I usually get out of her is yes...I don't remember...We played! Now I know that she just does SO much and has so much fun that she can't remember what all she did!!

3 comments:

Narci D said...

That is so funny! And, the handprints are SO adorable--definitely frame worthy!

Unknown said...

That IS funny Sarah! Last year for a school mother's day project Emma said that "Mommy is as pretty as... her car." And you probably have seen the inside of Amy's car! So I think criss cross eyes are not a bad thing - and how about the brown hair? Don't they know we pay lots of money to be BLONDE!!!!

Sassy said...

I love the handprints, I am copying that one...so adorable.
Glad you and your Mom got to experience life in Ashton's world. That is wonderful for her and you.
Reese is getting SO big...oh, I miss you guys.