Monday, May 5, 2008

Family Camping Trip

I have been asking Johnny what he wanted for his birthday, and he really wanted to go camping for the weekend! He said that was ALL he wanted, but I am sure that he knows me better than that! Anyways, we headed to the lake for the weekend, and the weather could not have been more perfect! It was pretty chilly the first night, but it didn't keep us from having a GREAT time! We went to a kid's butterfly exhibit, went fishing, took a walk down to the water and played in it, cooked hot dogs over the campfire, slept in a TENT (the girls LOVED this part!), ate smores and banana boats & met some friends that just happened to have 3 and 5 year old girls! It was a GREAT weekend, and we are looking forward to going camping again soon!

On the downside, something very strange was going on with my camera. I got some GREAT shots of the girls in the woods, fishing with Johnny, making smores, etc, and I LOST ALL OF THEM. Still don't know what went wrong. Makes me sick. Anyways, here is the one shot that I managed to save! I guess we will just have to go again soon! Darn camera.

6 comments:

Narci D said...

Sounds like a great trip, Sarah! You are a great wife to go camping!

Katie said...

Cute pic! Darn technology, can't live with it, and can't live without it! ;)

Courtney said...

looks like you guys had fun! you are brave, my idea of camping is at the lake house!

Didi said...

What a fun birthday and one the whole family can enjoy. :)

Jenni said...

Hi Sarah!

Sorry about your picture loss, that would upset me too. We've planned a camping trip in MD with the boys this summer. I'm glad your family had a good time.

Sassy said...

Girl, you crack me up. Sarah, camping in a tent, with a clip in her hair, eyeliner and lip gloss on and her kids looking fashionable as always.
I don't think I could sleep in a tent. I don't even like a less than 4 stars hotel..