Wednesday, March 7, 2007

We're home!!


Well, I ended up calling the pediatrician for the 2nd time yesterday to check on Reese. She had only taken 3-4 oz of fluids, and I was worried about her! They had me come into the after hours clinic at 7:00. It came as a very big surprise when they told me that they wanted to admit her into the hospital! I said "Are you sure?". She was dehydrated, and the doctor felt like she definitely needed some iv fluids.

So, we waited for orders, and I called Johnny to meet us at the hospital. I was very nervous about my baby going into the hospital! Johnny got Ashton packed up, and Amy Parker was a lifesaver! She let Ashton have a sleepover, took her to gymnastics, and took them to get McDonald's and to the park afterwards! She had a blast at Camp Parker...Thank you, Amy!!

Let me just tell you, a trip to the hospital with my baby tops the list as one of the worst experiences in parenting! It was bad enough that she felt so bad and was crying off and on. Then, they began the poking and prodding! They had to stick her 3 times to draw blood while her arms were velcroed to her side! She was beyond mad! I haven't ever seen her cry or shake so much! Then, they had to put an iv on the top of her foot and a splint to keep it in place! I had to sit down a couple times because I began to feel shaky and light-headed. It was so hard to watch my baby go through that! Finally, they had to put a bag on her to get a urine sample. Enough is enough already! I don't blame her for being so mad! She had 103 temperature last night and had a rough night! Johnny, Reese and I all slept in the twin hospital bed, and we were awake most of the night. Just when she would fall asleep, they would come in for vitals, to check the iv, etc.

Reese was feeling much better this evening and was even pulling her blanket over her head to play peek-a-boo! When our doctor came in, Reese spit her paci out and said "bye bye" and started waving! He said that she was doing much better, and we were free to go home! YEA!! We are all very happy to be home!!

3 comments:

Narci D said...

Poor Shepperson Family! Get well soon, Reese!

The Daily Stroll said...

Sounds like what Jonah had this weekend! We were finally able to get fluids to stay down for him but we almost ended up in the hospital too! Glad to hear Reese is feeling better!!

Unknown said...

So sorry Sarah - I know it was hard on Reese - but it was probably harder on you - at least you will remember it for a long time. Glad you are all home! Get well Reese!