Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The girls are back...

...and I couldn't be MORE excited!!
Johnny and I had a very nice weekend getaway to the W Hotel in Dallas while my sweet Mother-in-Law kept the girls! We ate dinner at one of our favorite restaurants on Friday night and just happened to run into our friends, Chris and Jen, as they were about to leave the restaurant! So, we were able to catch up with them (which was a lot of fun), had some drinks in the lobby bar, layed by the pool, slept late, came home and relaxed for ANOTHER night before the girls came home on MONDAY night!!

Ashton brought Johnny and I "a volunteer" from her trip! She got 2 toothbrushes from Gran's house, and she told us that it was our "volunteer" and wanted to know if we got her one from our trip. After talking a bit, we realized that she was talking about a souvenier! Too cute.
Thank you again, Gran! We had such a good time, but we are also very excited to have the girls home!!

3 comments:

erin carlyle said...

Love the volunteer...TOO CUTE! So jealous that you had a weekend all to yourselves! : )

Courtney said...

oh how nice! I am ready for another night out!!! they are so cute!!!

The Daily Stroll said...

LOL...volunteer. It's like a mystery trying to figure out what they are saying sometimes! Too cute! Glad you guys had a great weekend! Sounds like fun! Wish we could have met you out but I was relaxing it up in Austin that weekend! :) I could however use a weekend getaway with my hubby!