Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just checking in...

I am still here! Just a little sleep deprived after the last couple of nights! Poor Reese has been sick, and she hasn't been sleeping very well at night. I took her to the doctor yesterday, and he said it was a cold that had progressed into her chest (BRONCHIOLITIS). So, he prescribed zithromyacin and albuterol. I told the dr. that Albuterol made Ashton very, very hyper and jittery! I didn't like the way it made her feel, and she didn't like it either! He said that it is different with every child and just start with a small dose. Well, it apparently affects Reese the same way! I gave her a small dose at 6:30, and she was practically crawling up the walls! She was all over the place and breathing heavily! She couldn't calm down enough to go to sleep! After several attempts, she finally went to sleep at 10:30 last night and was up several times though the night! I didn't give her any of the steroid today. She seems to be feeling better...thank goodness! I better go to bed just in case she doesn't sleep tonight!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hope she feels better soon! And I hope you get some sleep!

Narci D said...

Poor Reese & poor Sarah! I think that is going around! I hope she feels better and you get some sleep!