Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back in the Big D...



Well, it was quite an adventure getting back, but we are here and trying to get settled!!

The movers finished up packing early and decided to go ahead and move and unload all in one day! We finished cleaning up and headed North about an hour behind the movers. It wasn't the best timing since we hit rush hour in Conroe. Actually, I think it is always rush hour in Conroe though. So-no big deal!! Or maybe it was a big deal. I was following Johnny when the traffic came to a stop. I stopped and was sitting there for a minute when I heard a CRASH. I looked in my rear view mirror and about that time I got hit!! We are all okay...thank goodness!! Reese was pretty startled, but Ashton was just worried that we were going to jail! She was also very anxious to see the policeman. I was pretty sore, but I mainly just wanted to get on the road and to our house safely at that point!
Thankfully, my Mom came to meet the movers since we were stuck in Conroe filling out police reports and being checked out by the paramedics! We finally arrived safe and sound around 10:30 after leaving at 4! So glad to get out of the car!!
Our house is coming right along! We won't have internet, cable or phone service hooked up until Friday. So, I have been having withdrawl symptoms without any technology. I was SO excited about 30 minutes ago when I decided to just try to see if I could get service and it CONNECTED!! Yea!!
I will send some pics of the house as soon as I can pull my self away from my computer and open boxes and straighten up a bit!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well that sucks!! I have almost been hit many times in Conroe. I hate that stretch!

JKMN said...

Welcome back! And, you are right, it is ALWAYS rush hour in Conroe. Where are all fthese people coming from and going to?